Professional services provide a valuable opportunity for you to increase revenue, as well as demonstrate the expertise that you and your pharmacy team have and the high level of healthcare that your pharmacy provides.
With this in mind we have developed a range of Services…in a box and offer a wide range of Patient Group Directions.
Services…in a box
Our Services…in a box contain everything you need to set up and deliver the service in your pharmacy.
Typically, a Service…in a box will contain:
- Pharmacist and pharmacy team distance learning describing how to prepare for and then deliver the service
- Information leaflets for customers
- Marketing materials – Welsh language versions are available
- Re-usable forms; including customer record forms
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Risk assessments
- Data collection spreadsheets
- Performance trackers
In addition, where necessary, face-to-face training on the use of equipment is provided.
The range of Services…in a box consists of two ranges; those which support nationally commissioned services and those which can be offered to patients as a private service or used to attract funding from local commissioners.
Our Services…in a box which support nationally commissioned services are:
- Asthma Check Service (England and Wales)
- Targeted MUR Service (England and Wales)
- Discharge Medicines Review Service (Wales)
- New Medicine Service (England)
Our Services…in a box which can be offered privately or be locally commissioned are:
- Healthy Heart Service
- Weight Loss Support Service
- Diabetes Risk Awareness Service
- Drink Awareness Service
- Stop Smoking Service
- Allergy Screening Service
- Care Home Service
Patient Group Directions
We have a wide range of Patient Group Directions (PGDs) to help you increase your private professional services income. The PGDs we currently offer are:
Female facial hair
User Login Area